Text version - Momentum at Muswellbrook High School
Transition Year 7 students into high school by reducing the number of teachers and movement around the school by engaging students.
Journey focus area
- Improve learning through a range of experiences and changes to traditional methods.
- To make the school more engaging for students.
Timeline and milestones
Students disengaged. High achievers catered for, however, the remaining cohort’s transition requires attention.
Program implemented. Students who at the grade appropriate are trialled within the program.
- Students have expressed their continued engagement in their learning and connection to staff.
- It has been a highly positive introduction to high school.
- Behavioural issues were reduced in the lower ability class.
Main challenge and solutions
- Working in the areas of maths has been a challenge due to the demands of the syllabus.
- Lower ability students also require explicit learning in the areas of collaborative processes and research skills.
- Due to the partial implementation, this also had an impact on reporting and meeting outcomes at similar times to other students.