Explore possibilities for great student learning in a range of learning spaces.
Effective learning spaces
Effective learning spaces:
- are mobile, flexible, varied, and connected
- provide students with choice in where and how they learn
- can be adapted to accommodate learning modes and technology
- provide optimum learning conditions such as temperature, light and acoustics
- support opportunities for students to learn independently and in small and large groups
- support collaborative learning and teaching for students and teachers.
Support for teachers designing effective learning spaces
SLEC offers the following professional learning tools to help teachers design and use their learning spaces purposefully:
- Learning space toolkit
- Flexible Learning Space by Design
- Flexible Learning Space by Design (online)
- Flexible Learning Space by Design for Teacher Librarians
The Department advises schools to refer to procurement guidelines, school classroom furniture (staff only) for purchasing and safety standards advice.