A range of innovative learning space and furniture.
The role of teachers is evolving to support more student-centric approaches to better prepare learners for the future workforce, and new approaches to classroom design are supporting this shift. ? (NMC/CoSN Horizon Report 2017 K-12 Edition)
For more information, visit NMC/CoSN Horizon Report 2017 K?12 Edition
Innovative learning space:
- is mobile, flexible, varied and connected
- provides students with choice in where and how they learn
- can be adapted to accommodate learning modes and technology
- provides optimum learning conditions such as temperature, light and acoustics
- supports opportunities for students to learn independently and in small and large groups
- supports collaborative learning and teaching for students and teachers.
Support with learning space
Futures Learning offer the following professional learning tools to support transition to innovative learning space:
- Learning space toolkit
- Flexible Learning Space by Design - 5 hours of NESA registered professional development
- Flexible Learning Space by Design for Teacher Librarians - 5 hours of NESA registered professional development
The Department advises schools to refer to procurement guidelines, school classroom furniture (staff only) for purchasing and safety standards advice.