Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments
This introductory course explores the concepts, principles, and teaching practices that underpin successful learning environments.
Intended for teachers and school leaders who are interested in establishing innovative learning environments in their schools, participants in this course will explore recent research on contemporary learning and teaching practice. They will engage in collaborative activities focused on designing learning and teaching practices for their own learning environments.
This course is ideal for introducing whole-school initiatives to implement innovative learning environments in existing, refurbished, and new schools.
Enrol in 'Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments via MyPL. Log into MyPL before accessing the link.
|Delivery mode||Online (facilitated)|
|Prior knowledge||No prior knowledge required|
|Upcoming sessions||Term 3 - date TBA|
In addition to this introductory course, participants may wish to complete either:
- Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments - online course suitable for classroom practitioners and/or;
- Leading Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments - online course suitable for school leaders.
By completing the course, participants will:
- discuss the nature of innovative learning environments and how they can enable the development of key future-facing skills and increase engagement for all students;
- examine how contemporary learning and teaching practice can be supported and enabled by the NSW Department of Education’s eight learning modes; and
- broaden their understanding of evidence-based teaching strategies that can be employed in learning environments to engage all students in deep learning.