Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments - school facilitation guide
This page contains resources for school leaders who will facilitate SLEC's professional learning course 'Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments' in their schools.
They are for use in schools that are working with SLEC through the Integrated Professional Learning Model.
Using these resources, school leaders can run the course in two ways:
- Using a flipped learning model.
- Using an activities-only model.
In this model, teachers watch short videos in which SLEC advisors present information on aspects of collaborative teaching practice.
After watching each video, teachers work on an activity. Some are group activities and some are independent.
A facilitators guide is provided to help school leaders work through the flipped learning content.
In this model, school leaders guide teachers through activities that build an understanding of collaborative teaching practice.
School leaders can use this page to choose activities that focus on the aspects of collaborative teaching practice that are most useful in their schools.
Download the facilitator's guide and read it carefully before starting to use these resources with your team.
This guide provides instructions for school professional learning leaders on how to:
- prepare to facilitate the course;
- facilitate each session; and
- follow up each session with optional reinforcement activities.
Download the facilitators guide
Section 1 - Introduction
This section will introduce participants to innovative learning environments and how they can enable great student learning.
'Graduate profile' activity Jamboard (this link will make a copy of the Jamboard appear in your own Google Drive).
Optional follow-up resources
- As above - create new copies of the handout OR the Jamboard for students to use.
Section 2 - 7 principles of learning
- 'The Nature of Learning' (OECD, 2010).
- 'Zoom out, zoom in' activity handout.
- Select one of the following school journey videos to watch:
- OR, select one of the following school journey documents to read:
Section 4 - teaching in innovative learning environments
Need more support?
If you need further support using these resources, contact the SLEC team at email@example.com.