Introduction to Collaborative Teaching Practice - school facilitation guide
This page contains resources for school leaders who will facilitate SLEC's professional learning course 'Introduction to Collaborative Teaching Practice' in their schools.
They are for use in schools that are working with SLEC through the Integrated Professional Learning Model.
Using these resources, school leaders can run the course in two ways:
- Using a flipped learning model.
- Using an activities-only model.
In this model, teachers watch short videos in which SLEC advisors present information on aspects of collaborative teaching practice.
After watching each video, teachers work on an activity. Some are group activities and some are independent.
A facilitators guide is provided to help school leaders work through the flipped learning content.
In this model, school leaders guide teachers through activities that build an understanding of collaborative teaching practice.
School leaders can use this page to choose activities that focus on the aspects of collaborative teaching practice that are most useful in their schools.
- prepare to facilitate the course;
- facilitate each session; and
- follow up each session with optional reinforcement activities.
Download the Facilitators Guide
Section 1 - Introduction
- Post-it notes.
Section 3- Building your school’s capacity to collaborate
- ‘Collaborative professionalism article excerpt’ (or access the full article at https://tinyurl.com/y32z4oqo).
- 'Collaborative professionalism activity’ handout.
- Post-it notes.
Section 6 - Co-teaching cohesion
In this section, participants will learn about strategies for building positive co-teaching partnerships.
Optional follow-up resources
- 'Our Learning Journey' - Ballina Coast HS; OR
- 'Collective Teacher Efficacy at Hillvue Public School'.
- 'SWOC CTP analysis' handout.
Section 7- Further work on CTP with SLEC
In this section, participants will learn about how to access more professional learning on collaborative teaching practice from SLEC.