Flexible Learning Space by Design for Teacher Librarians
Flexible school library spaces can support contemporary learning and teaching across the school, aiming to equip our students for their futures. Many Teacher Librarians are redesigning their library spaces through the design thinking process to enable contemporary learning and teaching and better reflect the workspaces that students will be entering into.
Participants will be guided through a design thinking process to create, prototype and evaluate the impact of their own flexible library spaces.
|Registered hours||5 hours|
|Delivery mode||Online (facilitated)|
|Audience||K-12 Teacher Librarians|
|Prior knowledge||No prior knowledge required|
In this course, Teacher Librarians will engage in professional learning that is focused on:
- skills and capabilities young people need for success in a complex and dynamic future;
- the impact of different spaces on learning;
- learning modes in flexible Library spaces;
- collaboration amongst Teacher Librarians; and
- sharing features of great future-facing school Library spaces.
Next session will take place ONLINE over three weeks, from Tuesday 25th August 2020 to Tuesday 8 September 2020.