Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments
This online, self-paced course supports teachers as they initiate and teach in innovative learning environments in their own schools.
Participants will work through six modules addressing practical strategies for enhancing learner engagement, collaboration, and deep learning.
They will explore the role of digital technologies and flexible learning spaces and consider how using these tools might enhance student learning outcomes in their own learning environments.
Learning activities are practical and applied, encouraging participants to trial new teaching practices in their own learning environment and reflect on their practice with a school-based supervisor.
This course is ideal for teachers who are learning to implement new contemporary learning and teaching practices in existing, refurbished, and new schools.
|Delivery mode||Online (self-paced)|
|Prior knowledge||No prior knowledge required|
By completing the course, participants will:
- understand the nature and value of innovative learning environments;
- understand how students can learn in different learning environments;
- develop a repertoire of teaching strategies that facilitate student learning;
- reflect on their own teaching practice, considering how it might be adapted to enhance student engagement and learning outcomes; and
- design new, evidence-informed activities for use in their own learning environment.
'Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments' is currently classified as 'Elective PL' by NESA. It is designed for alignment with standards 3.3.2, 3.6.2, 6.2.2, and 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.