This page includes information and resources about the application, selection and host school nomination and matching process.
The process will usually run from March to August each year. This page will be updated when applications open every year.
FASTstream applications are open to:
- current teachers and executive members in NSW public schools, and other educational systems
- initial teacher education students completing their studies by the end of the application year.
You can check your eligibility on the Teach NSW website.
All applicants for the FASTstream program are assessed by panels of experienced current and retired principals against 3 levels of criteria: distinguished, promising and developing.
The feedback packages for graduate applicants and existing teachers describe the common attributes of applicants at each of these levels, and can be downloaded below.
The selection of successful applicants will typically take place from May to June each year. At the same time selection of host schools for the following year will also take place.
Download the FASTstream application and selection process documents below to find out more.
Host schools are required in a range of rural, remote, regional and metropolitan locations across NSW. These schools will be able to provide teaching and leadership opportunities across different contexts to participants throughout the program.
Download the School Selection Process document below to find out more.
Following the selection of successful applicants and identification of existing participants required to change school placements they will be matched to one of the endorsed host schools.
Download the Matching and Placement Process document below to find out more.
- FASTstream application process (PDF 97.8KB)
- FASTstream selection process (PDF 130KB)
- Feedback package for graduate applicants (PDF 614KB)
- Feedback package for teacher applicants (PDF 661KB)
- School selection process (PDF 280KB)
- Salary reimbursement (PDF 97KB)
- Matching and placement process (PDF 125KB)
- Regional and remote schools staffing areas (PDF 256KB)