Middle Leader Online Induction program
The SLI’s Middle Leader Online Induction program provides newly appointed, first time substantive or long term relieving assistant principals and head teachers an orientation into the role of a middle leader through a two-part program:
- Component 1 – self-paced eLearning (prerequisite), and
- Component 2 – 2-day virtual conference.
The induction program for 2021 is now closed and will re-open in Term 1 2022.
In Component 1, participants will:
- deepen their understanding of their role and their direct impact on improving student learning outcomes
- develop greater confidence and capacity to lead others
- strengthen their knowledge, understanding and skills regarding feedback to enable a professional growth culture;
- enhance their reflective practice as a leader to influence change and school climate.
The self-paced module offers participants the opportunity to engage with professional learning covering the following topics:
- Leading Learning
- Leading Self
- Leading Others
- Leading Inquiry
Component 2 is a two-day online conference, which will include the opportunity to consolidate learning from Component 1 through collegial conversations. In addition, participants will engage with leaders across the department in live seminars on key department policy and priorities relevant to the role of middle leader.
The final virtual conference will be held on 26-27 October 2021.
Professional development hours
Participants in the Middle Leader Online Induction program will receive a certificate of completion once both components are completed. The hours for each component will also be recorded on MyPL. Component 1 is worth 5.5 hours and Component 2 is worth 10 hours.
The program is recorded with NESA on eTAMS as elective professional development once completed on MyPL.