Participants in the MLDP will be supported throughout the program by experienced Principal Facilitators and Deputy Principal Facilitators.
Our world-class program provides an exciting opportunity for deputy principals and principals to support the leadership development of middle leaders while also enhancing their own knowledge and understanding of middle leadership development.
This is a chance to make a significant contribution to the leadership capacity within NSW public education as a system leader.
Facilitator role and commitment
Facilitators taking part in the MLDP will:
- support the learning of middle leaders through small group facilitation and individual guidance
- participate with their team in quality professional learning delivered by academic experts in leadership development
- engage through the program in collaborative networks with other school leaders, system leaders and university partners.
Facilitators will support a group of up to five middle leaders across the first 12 months of the program. This will include:
- initial facilitator training - 16 February 2022 (online)
- Conference 1 – 17-18 February 2022 (online)
- Conference 2 - 24-25 November 2022
- participation in five 90-minute live online leadership workshops each term throughout 2022
- additional facilitator training workshops.
The SLI will fund all costs associated with facilitator support:
- program costs
- casual relief for facilitator training sessions and attendance at 2 x 2-day conferences
- accommodation and travel costs for face-to-face sessions.
Download the MLDP brochure for facilitators (PDF 3.3MB)