That’s a wrap on Term 2
It’s the end of another busy and rewarding term for the team here at the School Leadership Institute (SLI).
25 June 2021
One of the highlights has been a return to face-to-face events, with Cohort 4 of our Senior Leadership – Aspiring Principals Leadership Program meeting in person for their final two leadership seminars last week.
The team working on the School Leadership Identification Framework (SLIF) have also been out in the field this term, delivering information sessions and professional learning to schools across Sydney. Next term these visits will extend to schools across regional NSW as we prepare for the rollout of the SLIF statewide in 2022.
Other highlights for the SLI team this term included:
- Our Deputy Principal Induction Conference in April with 180 newly appointed, first time deputies. The second DPIC will be held in September and registrations will open soon.
- The first cohorts of our Growing Great Leaders program, and Rural and Remote Leadership Development Program, completed their involvement. A second cohort for RnRLPD and a third for GGL will start next term.
- We held the two-day Middle Leader Online Induction conference earlier in June, with 450 leaders taking part. Registrations are now open for the second 2021 induction program for newly appointed assistant principals and head teachers.
- Our new short course, Managing Leadership Complexity, was attended online by more than 350 principals, deputy principals and middle leaders.
- We also offered a short Harvard School of Business course, Navigating Complexity: A leadership course for principals.
- Applications opened for the new FASTstream program to begin in 2022.
There is a lot more ahead from the SLI next term. We will soon be releasing a new Principal Leadership Framework and accompanying online resources to help support the professional growth of every principal in NSW public schools.
Also coming up:
- The second 2021 Principal Induction Conference will be held in August with registrations now open.
- Cohort 6 of the Senior Leadership – Aspiring Principals Leadership Program will soon start, and applications will open for Cohort 7.
- We will be releasing details for the new Middle Leadership Development Program currently being finalised, which will offer tailored professional learning for assistant principals and head teachers.
Follow us on Twitter to keep up-to-date with all our programs and offerings.