FASTstream fun as face-to-face professional learning returns
It’s been another busy term for the SLI team.
30 June 2022
Our FASTstream team joined the Delivery and Oversight unit for a successful conference on Relational Trust earlier this month.
It was the first in-person learning event for Cohort 1 of the program.
FASTstream participants and mentors heard from speakers across the department, including our Director Joanne Jarvis and Principal Karen Maraga, on developing trust and collaborative culture and leading with moral purpose.
It was a wonderful opportunity for FASTstreamers to meet each other, share their stories and learn from experienced school leaders over the two days of the conference.
Across the SLI we have also been busy delivering our ongoing leadership development programs including the Senior Leadership - Aspiring Principals Leadership Program, Growing Great Leaders, and the Principal Leadership Learning Program.
The term also saw our Leading With Emotional Intelligence series with Genos International’s Dr Ben Palmer draw to a close.
Many members of the team have been enjoying the opportunity to visit schools again, including 2 memorable days in Broken Hill, meeting school leaders and visiting the School of the Air.
We’ve also been working hard in preparation for a huge Term 3. Among the initiatives we’ll be delivering next term are:
- The first leadership conference in the new Middle Leadership Development Program, the largest program for assistant principals and head teachers in Australia
- A new Middle Leader Role Description
- A new School Leadership Identification Framework
- Edition 3 of the Principal Leadership Learning program
- Induction conferences for principals and deputy principals
- The new Communicate to Lead program for principals and deputy principals
You can stay up-to-date with what’s happening by downloading our Semester 2 SLI schedule.
This term has also seen new resources released by the team, including the recently launched Principal Leadership Hub. And don’t forget to check out our Leadership in Focus podcast. The next episode will cover mentoring and will be available early in Term 3.