Aspiring Principals Leadership Program
The Aspiring Principals Leadership Program will equip school or system leaders to lead improvement in student learning in NSW public schools.
The program is intensive, evidence-informed and action-oriented. It is for leaders who are already having an impact in schools and seek to expand their influence as a principal.
This program is for leaders who:
- are willing to commit to a challenging program
- have demonstrated a positive impact in their current context
- can show how the program will benefit their leadership development
- are currently in an educational leadership position and are preparing for the principalship.
Participants in this program will improve their:
- capacity to lead school improvement, innovation and change
- understanding of the leadership practices that have the greatest impact on student outcomes
- capacity to lead collaborative, evidence-informed professional learning to improve teaching and student learning
- personal and interpersonal qualities to lead with influence
- capacity to confidently lead the strategic organisation of the school.
To successfully complete the program, participants must:
- deeply engage in all Leadership Seminars and inter-sessional activities
- complete a 360 degree analysis and receive and act on feedback
- engage in a process of iterative improvement with support and challenge of a mentor
- lead an evidence-informed school improvement challenge
- develop a portfolio of evidence of learning and leadership impact
- meet the program requirements at a high standard.
How to apply
- there is a rigorous selection process to identify participants for the program
- complete the application form comprising of a written response to criteria and the submission of a digital story
- applicants require the support of their school principal/line manager to endorse their written application and digital story
- applicants must supply the contact details of two referees (including their principal/line manager), who will attest to their leadership capacity and readiness to participate in the program
- Directors will consult with principals/line managers to determine the suitability of applicants for the program
- Applications for cohort 5 are now open and close on 28 April 2020.