Harvard/SLI Principals Scholarships
The NSW School Leadership Institute and the Harvard Graduate School of Education present 'The Principals’ Centre in Australia: Leadership for School Excellence’
About the Program
The NSW Department of Education School Leadership Institute is seeking Expressions of Interest from school principals to participate in a unique learning opportunity to enhance their leadership learning.
‘The Principals’ Centre in Australia: Leadership for School Excellence' is a new program provided by the Harvard Graduate School of Education. It is designed to provide principals and school leaders from cross sectors in Australia, New Zealand and the surrounding region with the knowledge, leadership strategies, and tools to become effective leaders of change to accelerate learning for all students.
Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship, including accommodation and travel, fully funded by the NSW School Leadership Institute.
Objectives of the Program
- Gain a deeper understanding of the leadership skills needed to set high expectations for instructional quality, including how to cultivate a school culture that prioritises learning for all.
- Become a more effective school leader and learn new leadership approaches for creating change and identifying optimal conditions for student learning.
- Develop a leadership strategy informed by relevant school data and learn how to align resources and initiatives around an evidence-based approach.
- Foster student achievement and better outcomes by increasing engagement among family members, community stakeholders, and school leaders.
With content drawn from local learning contexts and all sessions led by Harvard faculty, this program will address areas of critical importance to school leaders in Australasia – instructional leadership, school culture, leadership development, strategy, and family and community engagement. Throughout the program, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn through faculty-led sessions and case studies, using Australia-specific examples and learning contexts.
- Participate in facilitated discussion groups that engage peers in collaborative learning and reflection.
- Reflect on and hone personal leadership goals Develop a school leadership plan that can be implemented in multiple school settings and contexts.
- Build lasting connections by engaging with faculty and fellow principals and school leaders in your cohort.
Who should apply?
- Principals seeking to maximise the impact of their leadership.
- Principals seeking to build their understanding of leadership effectiveness within the context of their school and beyond.
- Principals with a minimum of three years experience leading a school.
- The details of successful applicants will be shared with Harvard Graduate School of Education for administrative purposes only.
- Applicants who are not successful in obtaining a SLI scholarship may still apply to Harvard Graduate School of Education, for entry into the program. The SLI will forward applications with the permission of applicants.
If you would like to apply, the application form can be found here - SLI Principal Scholarships Application Form (PDF 345.51KB)
Please complete the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 2 September 2019. Please take note of the submission details on page 2.
When: 13-16 January 2020
Where: University of Sydney Business School
Funding: The NSW Department of Education School Leadership Institute is offering 30 full scholarships for successful applicants, inclusive of accommodation and travel (where required).
For more information on the Principal Leadership Learning, Harvard Graduate School of Education: Leadership for School Excellence, please click the link below.
If you have any questions or require further information, please email email@example.com