External validation frequently asked questions
The external validation process provides an assurance to the school and system that the progress being made aligns with the expectations articulated in the School Excellence Framework (SEF). Once in a four-year cycle each school undergoes an external validation of the evidence of their school’s self-assessment of progress by an independent panel.
- Guiding principles – school selection, key steps and the role of executive/college principals
- External validation panel – composition, role and responsibilities
- Submission – including executive summary, evidence and annotations
- School Excellence Framework (SEF) – using the SEF in developing the external validation submission
- Panel meeting and report
- Directors, Educational Leadership – role and responsibilities
- Support – resources and support for the external validation process
- Small schools – information supporting small schools.