School Excellence self-assessment process
Download a print version (PDF, 60 kB) of the School Excellence self-assessment process or view the online version below. Click the title of each step for more detail.
What does the statement of excellence for the relevant element mean in our school?
What are the practices in our school?
- What existing practices in our school align with this element?
- Why are these practices important
- What is the impact?
- What processes in our school plan align with this element?
- How widespread are our practices?
- Where will we find the evidence of impact? What data will we use?
- What existing school-based and system data would assist us in making the judgements?
- How will we analyse our data?
- How have we planned to evaluate the strategies in the school plan?
- When we analyse our data, what does it tell us?
- When we consider the data as a whole – what does it tell us?
- What trends are emerging?
- What practices are being demonstrated?
- What impact do we see?
- What can we reasonably conclude about our school?
- Using the descriptors from the School Excellence Framework – which statements can our evidence support?
- Would our conclusion be supported by others?
- What do we need to do next or differently?
- Are there any gaps in our evidence?
- How can we capture our evidence in the future?
- What strategies are required to improve our practice in this area? What else could we do? What could we do instead?
- How do we communicate our evidence?
- How do we share this with our staff?
- How do we synthesise this for External Validation?
- To what extent do we share this with our school community?