How to use this site
Welcome to the School Excellence Framework Self-assessment Evidence Guide.
- Outlining the reflective practices involved in self-assessment
- Providing practical illustrations (case studies) of how the self-assessment process may look in different schools
- Helping schools to identify appropriate data sources
- Equipping schools with the skills and knowledge to collate and critically analyse evidence; and
- Providing examples of how specific evidence (e.g. Tell Them From Me survey data) links to different elements of the School Excellence Framework.
This website is intended as a guide only, and is not meant to be definitive or prescriptive. School leaders should decide how best to use this guide, in light of their school’s context and needs. This guide will be further developed over time.
Who is this website for?
- School Executive: The guide is a resource to help build the capacity of school leaders to undertake evidence-based self-assessment confidently and consistently.
- Directors: Directors can use this website as a resource to support principals as they undertake their school's self-assessment.
- Principals, School Leadership (PSLs): PSLs can use this website as a resource to support principals as they undertake their school's self-assessment. PSLs may also want to use the guide to support them in their role as external validators.