Situational analysis samples
The following samples, for various school types, unpack the 5 stages involved in developing a situational analysis.
Developing a situational analysis
There are 5 stages of developing a robust situational analysis - with review, consideration and analysis at each stage.
- Stage 1 - review School dashboard in Scout
- Stage 2 - review School Excellence Framework Self-assessment Survey
- Stage 3 - review school data, research and literature, and stakeholder input
- Stage 4 - consider all evidence
- Stage 5 - prepare for community consultation.
The following samples show various school types and the 5 stage development to complete a situational analysis for each.
- Sample A - Large High School - 5 stages.
- Sample B - Connected Communities High School - 5 stages.
- Sample C - Large Primary School 1 - 5 stages.
- Sample D - Large Primary School 2 - 5 stages.
- Sample E - Schools for Specific Purposes 1 - 5 stages.
- Sample F - Schools for Specific Purposes 2 - 5 stages.
- Sample G - Small School 1 - 5 stages.
- Sample H - Small School 2 - 5 stages.
- Sample I - Central School - 5 stages.
Contact and support
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a SPaRO question.
- Find support and information about Scout.
- Contact Strategic School Improvement on 02 7814 3853.
Find out more about School Excellence in Action.