Stage 1 - analyse Scout
Firstly, open SPaRO and choose the self-assessment section to view the situational analysis headings and fields.
Secondly, open Scout at the School dashboard to view the 5 focus areas for your review and analysis.
Note: there is no set length for a situational analysis, as it is a school-based decision and should include as much information as needed to inform future strategic directions.
Focus area and analysis - Enrolment
- 72 high school students assessed with additional needs in learning and behaviour
- 12% Aboriginal students
- 75% EAL/D
Focus area and analysis - Student performance
See internal improvement measures as NAPLAN data is available due to numbers.
Focus area and analysis - Wellbeing
- Attendance: baseline 68.5%, lower bound 73.7% and upper bound 79.2%
- Wellbeing: baseline 71%, lower bound 73.9%, upper bound 78.7%
- TTFM: areas of lowest acceptance - teacher collaboration, learning culture in classrooms, use of data to inform practice, setting challenging and visible learning goals.
Focus area and analysis - Human resources
- Teaching – 21
- Admin – 5
- SLSO’s – 11
Focus area and analysis - Finance
Flexible funds available for 2021:
6100 – consolidated funds
- Total unspent unassigned funds to be carried over to 2021 opening balance - $395,892.
- Socio-economic background - $352,970 + predicted unspent funds $15,200
- Aboriginal background - $7,732 + predicted unspent funds $1,100
- Professional learning - $31,800
- Beginning teacher - $35,500 + predicted unspent funds $7,200
- School support allocation - $33,650
- SSP Quality teaching support - $26,957
6300 funds available for 2021
- Anticipated 2021 opening balance of $232, 940.