Stage 1 - analyse Scout
Firstly, open SPaRO and choose the self-assessment section to view the situational analysis headings and fields.
Secondly, open Scout at the School dashboard to view the 5 focus areas for your review and analysis.
Note: there is no set length for a situational analysis, as it is a school-based decision and should include as much information as needed to inform future strategic directions.
Focus area and analysis - Enrolment
- 85 students and steady since 2016
- 6% Aboriginal students
- 75% born in Australia
- 58% EAL/D - Arabic and Punjabi two most common backgrounds
- Attendance 92% - steady
- FOEI 132 - steady
- ICSEA 981 - steady
- Parents/carers – 65% not in paid work for last 12 months. Approximately 60% have a tertiary qualification.
Focus area and analysis - Student performance
Best described in other sources not included in Scout.
Focus area and analysis - Wellbeing
Best described in other Sources not Included in Scout. Wellbeing indicators can be deducted from TEACCH data once established.
Focus area and analysis - Human resources
- Staff FTE 42.4 – head count 68
- Teaching staff 25.2
- SLSO 17.2
Focus area and analysis - Finance
6100 – flexible funds available for 2021
- Total unspent unassigned funds to be carried over to 2021 opening balance - $137,593.
- Socio-economic background - $228,000 + predicted unspent funds $10,000
- Aboriginal background - $7,358 + predicted unspent funds $3,156
- Professional learning - $8,475
- Beginning teacher - $35,500 + predicted unspent funds $2,000
- QTSS - $32,159 (0.294 FTE)
- School support allocation - $22,360
- SSP Quality teaching support - $27,320
6300 funds available for 2021
- Anticipated 2021 opening balance of $594,008 (planned underspend to sustain an instructional leader position over the next 3 years).