Reflecting on standards
Course code: RG00319
As a credible and practical guide to reflect against, the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers are ideal. They provide a common understanding and language about best-practice teaching, which makes it easy to pinpoint those aspects of your practice that are effective, and those aspects that require growth. If you wish to take an active role in your professional development, this course gives you the practical tips and techniques you’ll need to do it.
|NESA Registered Professional Development hours||10 hours|
6.1.2, 6.2.2, 6.3.2, 7.2.2
Once you have completed the course, your NESA Registered Professional Development hours will be automatically transferred to your NESA record.
You will learn to:
- engage in a cycle of continuous reflection to increase your awareness of your teaching practice
- examine your teaching practice through the framework of the Standards
- take an active role in your professional growth by identifying and prioritising areas of your practice that require improvement
- set yourself specific, measurable goals to precisely capture the achievements, knowledge, skills and attitudes you should aim to exhibit
- engage in effective professional development to build your capacity to achieve your learning goals.
The following teaching practices are addressed in this course:
- evaluate teaching and learning
Supervisor support notes:
Reflecting on standards (DOC 350 KB)