Designing lessons with colleagues
Course code: RG00344
As a highly skilled teacher, you know how to design lessons that enable you to achieve substantial progress in your students’ learning. But do you have the skills to transfer your skill in lesson design across classrooms, like highly effective practitioners do? This course is designed for you to take your effectiveness in lesson design and equip you with the skills needed to extend it beyond your classroom.
Completing Designing lessons with colleagues will contribute 12 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient or Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Once you have completed the course, your hours will be automatically transferred to your NESA record.
You will learn to:
- build your colleagues’ capacity to design effective lessons by engaging them in effective professional development
- use evidence to help your colleagues make better judgements about improvements to student learning
- use the Tuning Protocol to mediate constructive feedback from colleagues
- use classroom observations and developing professional learning to build staff capacity
- use a coaching plan to fully integrate new teaching approaches into practice
- scaffold adult learning using the Gradual Release of Responsibility and the Modelled, Guided and Independent Teaching models.
The following teaching practices are addressed in this course:
- evaluative teaching and learning
- collaborating with colleagues.
Supervisors should review the supervisor notes for Designing lessons with colleagues. Standard descriptors addressed: 1.3.3, 1.5.3, 2.1.3, 2.2.3, 2.3.3, 2.5.3, 3.1.3, 3.2.3, 3.3.3, 4.1.3, 5.1.3, 5.2.3, 5.4.3, 6.2.3, 6.3.3, 6.4.3.