Pinpointing performance, determining directions
Course Code: RG01435
When making substantial, sustained improvements to student learning, the decision on how well students are performing is pivotal. It helps determine what and how students will learn next and it shapes the course of action that is taken to address students’ learning needs. If you’re interested in leading a team to make skilful, diligent decisions about student performance, and direct well-informed improvements to teaching and learning, this course is for you.
Completing Pinpointing performance, determining directions will contribute 12 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient, Highly Accomplished or Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Once you have completed the course, in line with the course conditions specified, your NESA Registered Professional Development hours will be automatically transferred to your NESA record.
You will learn to:
- scale up your exemplary teaching by engaging a team of teachers committed to improving their practice
- cultivate a culture at your professional setting that focuses on effective teaching as a powerful means of improving student outcomes
- collect, visualise, triangulate and analyse data to make accurate judgements about student learning
- use the Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation’s What Works Best guide and Learning Curve series, as well as the Australian Teaching and Learning Toolkit to impact positively on student performance patterns
- set specific, measurable learning goals to unite and focus the efforts of your team.
- Assessing learning and giving feedback
- Evaluate teaching and learning
- Collaborating with colleagues.
Supervisors should review the supervisor notes for Pinpointing performance, determining directions. Standard descriptors addressed: 1.2.4, 2.5.4, 3.2.4, 3.6.4, 5.1.4, 5.4.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4.