Enhancing Capacity Pilot Program
The Enhancing Capacity Pilot Program supports all non-teaching staff in a school at the same time with a dedicated 20 week program of professional learning designed to improve the school team to:
- deliver excellence in service to the entire school community – students, teachers, principals, parents/caregivers and visitors
- build high performing and well-functioning teams and
- develop best practices.
Our approach when supporting schools is to establish a collaborative partnership that values the experience and expertise of others to build high functioning teams and adds value to the educational experience of students in NSW public schools.
Who is included
All permanent or long term temporary staff from the below classifications are included in the program.
- Aboriginal Education Officers
- Business Managers
- Community Liaison Officers
- General Assistants
- Farm Assistants
- School Administrative Managers
- School Administrative Officers
- School Learning Support Officers
Tailored learning plans
A tailored learning plan is designed with each member of the non-teaching staff in a school. The plan aligns to the individual's Performance Development Plan (PDP) and focuses on:
- developing self and others, engaging and working with the community, policy and procedures, managing customer complaints, PDP, WHS, planning and prioritising, wellbeing, school excellence, building relationships and working collaboratively
- improving administrative mindsets and practices
- building strong administrative teams in schools
- promoting professional learning opportunities aligned to PDPs
- supporting the implementation of change management practices
- supporting the implementation of new school systems and structures.
Professional learning is designed around role statements, the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework, the Excellence in School Administration Framework (PDF 112 KB), industrial awards and the school plan.
- live virtual sessions (examples of these can be found in the course catalogue)
- recorded/anytime on demand sessions
- face-to-face (when COVID restrictions are reduced) and
- school development days designed to meet the needs of different classifications.
Non-teaching staff leaders
Non-teaching staff leaders (School Administrative Managers, Business Managers and aspiring non-teaching staff leaders) will have the opportunity for additional support that focuses on building leadership capabilities, including:
- a two-day leadership conference
- designed to include building a growth mindset, change management and establishing a network of leaders that will continue to provide ongoing support to each other
- one-on-one coaching and mentoring
- designed to meet the individual's needs to build leadership skills by having regular conversations and providing additional support opportunities.
For further information about the enhancing capacity pilot program, please contact the PLNTS team at PLNTS@det.nsw.edu.au or please complete and submit the PLNTS enquiry form below.