High Potential and Gifted Education Policy Orientation school leaders (2 days) – Online
Covers key research and analysis in leading change for HPGE Policy implementation. Leaders will use the HPGE EP Tool to develop a school plan for policy implementation.
This live online course is 10 hours in total, delivered over 2 non-consecutive days (5 hours each day) with deliverables between and following the course. Leaders who are charged with leading implementation of the High Potential and Gifted Education Policy into their schools in preparation for mandatory implementation 2021, are encouraged to attend. It is recommended that at least 2 leaders from a school attend the course together and these leaders are familiar with and have access to their school’s current SEF evidence and self-assessment information.
A pre-requisite of this course is completion of the 5 hour online teachers’ course High Potential and Gifted Education Policy Tier 1 online learning teachers’ course. This is to ensure that leaders are already familiar with the guiding principles and key concepts of the HPGE Policy before attending this 2 day online leaders course.
- review the key research for leading change using the HPGE Model of Change
- investigate evaluative thinking and its application to HPGE implementation
- lead administration and analysis of the HPGE Policy Attitudes and Teacher Practices Survey
- use the HPGE Evaluation and Planning Tool to support effective HPGE Policy implementation
- collaborate, develop and lead a course of action plan for their school for HPGE Policy implementation
Mid and post course deliverables are a requirement of this course..
- School Leader