Assessment and reporting in 7-10 – new languages syllabuses
Leads language teachers through assessment and reporting changes to align with the new K-10 language syllabuses, released by NESA in 2017.
The learning intentions of the Assessment and reporting – new K-10 language syllabuses course are:
- understand the difference between assessment as, for and of learning, and a task-based approach to assessment of learning
- understand Common Grade Scale and the newly released Course Performance Descriptors for languages and understand their application in determining student achievement of course outcomes
- understand how to report on student achievement in line with the new syllabus and tailored to the school context
- write better quality assessment tasks and design marking criteria that clearly describe student achievement
- explore sample marking guidelines and draft marking guidelines differentiated across 5 grades (A-E) for one task..
- High School Languages