Learning authors and session support officers
People who had designated roles in MyPL@Edu will keep these roles in MyPL. All developers and deliverers are now known as learning authors.
- author new courses or programs
- author content (Learning assets) to be used in the course creation process
- submit courses for endorsement as registered/non-registered professional development
- schedule sessions to enable participants to enrol
Session support officers:
- manage enrolments for a session
- record the results of a session
Training courses and other materials are available online to assist in developing and delivering courses in MyPL. Your local network administrator will also be able to provide advice and support.
- The basic user online course explains the main features and uses of MyPL.
- The learning author online course explains how to submit a course for approval.
- Creating and Submitting a Non-Registered course (PDF 1.8MB).
- This short guide is for Learning Authors who have some experience in creating and submitting Non-Registered courses, and just require a quick reference guide to become familiar with Submitting a Non-Registered Course (PDF 250 KB) again.
- The following document gives a visual description of the end to end workflow for creating and submitting non-registered courses in MyPL
- Creating a New Trackable Document Asset describes how to upload a document, audio, video, or a URL link to a web page.
- Creating a New SCORM Asset describes how to upload a new online e-learning modulecreated in 3rd party applications e.g. Lectora and Captivate.
- Schedule a session (PDF 572.04KB) of professional development explains how to schedule a session of professional development for an existing course in the system
- Adding a session support officer (PDF 372.34KB) explains how to assign rights to enable multiple people to manage sessions scheduled in MyPL.
- Manually enrol a school (PDF 590.58KB) in a session explains how to bulk enrol staff in a particular school or directorate in a session of professional learning
- Manually enrol a user in a session explains how to enrol individual staff in a particular school or (PDF 511.39KB) directorate in a session of professional learning
- Mark attendance for a session explains how to mark attendance for a session of professional development you are responsible for.
- Creating a link to the session enrolment page (PDF 216.9KB) explains how to create a link to the session enrolment page for an individual course.
- MyPL evaluation survey master question list (PDF 225.78KB) details the master list of questions available for use when requesting evaluations to be created.
- MyPL evaluation survey 1 (PDF 226.05KB) outlines the evaluation questions used in this evaluation available for general use
- MyPL evaluation survey 2 (PDF 226.27KB) outlines the evaluation questions used in this evaluation available for general use
- MyPL evaluation survey 3 (PDF 235.58KB) outlines the evaluation questions used in this evaluation available for general use