MyPL allows all staff within the Department of Education to manage their professional learning. It is available in the DoE staff portal.
MyPL organises the administrative and business processes for planning, managing and recording professional learning through:
- daily course completion transfers to NESA of quality teaching council (QTC) registered and non-registered courses
- transfer of non-registered courses as potential teacher identified professional development (TIPD). Teachers then complete the TIPD entry in the NESA system and have it validated by their Teacher Accreditation Authority (TAA). Usually this is your principal.
- streamlined processes for course development, approval and registration and enrolment
- collecting and storing evidence of your individual professional development journey (available January 2017)
- flexible workflows to schedule face to face, blended and online professional development
- a single location for a teacher’s /principal’s professional learning whether it was conducted through the department or any other registered training provider, accreditation and performance record
- enhanced, reliable and intuitive reporting facilities linked to a user’s role and scope within the department
- online workflow for teaching staff professional development plans (available January 2017)
- the ability to register interest in a course that may not be currently available.
Access MyPL under the my applications tab in the DoE staff portal. Non-DoE staff can self-register to gain access to MyPL.
Telephone 1300 32 32 32 or use our online form available to department staff only for assistance
Courses and sessions
Three types of courses are available.
- are courses of any description
- don't require alignment to teaching standards (optional)
- can be presented to all audience groups, including non-DoE.
- are approved by network administrators.
QTC registered courses:
- must explicitly align to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- presented to all audience groups, including non-DoE.
- are evaluated only at the NESA site with de-identified data passing back to MyPL.
QTC school-based registered courses:
- must explicitly align to the Australian professional standards for teachers
- can only be presented to participants at the developing school
- are evaluated only at the NESA site with de-identified data passing back to MyPL
- available January 2017
Principals, directors or executive directors initially endorse non-registered courses. Network administrators quality assure the application and either approve or decline the course.
QTC registered courses are initially endorsed for approval by principals/directors/executive directors. QTC administrators in the leadership and high performance directorate then quality assure the application and either approve or decline the course.
QTC school-based registered courses are initially endorsed for approval by principals. QTC administrators in the leadership and high performance directorate then quality assure the application and either approve or decline the course.
A session is the new term for events. MyPL will initially ask users to enrol in a course, and then choose a session to attend. Only face-to-face courses will be organised into sessions. All live sessions have been migrated from MyPL@Edu to the new MyPL where learning authors will be required to record course completion.