LDI/executive preparation - EOI information
This page is intended to help participants complete the written response questions in the Leadership Development Initiative/executive preparation expression of interest (EOI). It is recommended that participants draft responses in a Word document before completing the EOI via the participant's online application form. Mentors are recommended to proceed directly to the mentor's online application form.
The LDI/executive preparation is intended to grow the instructional leadership capacity of highly effective classroom teachers who are seeking a leadership position. Classroom teachers based in NSW public schools will be invited to submit an expression of interest to participate in the 2019 LDI/executive preparation as a participant.
Applications for both participants and mentors open on Friday 1 February 2019 and close on Wednesday 20 February 2019, 5pm.
If you require further assistance with the EOI application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participant commitment and requirements
While participation in the LDI/executive preparation will be richly rewarding, it will involve a significant commitment of time and effort. Please read all information on the LDI/executive preparation page and consider your capacity to commit before submitting an expression of interest.
Your principal is required to endorse your application and may be contacted to discuss the information provided. Please ensure you have discussed this application with your principal before submitting.
Before completing the application, participants will be required to verify that they:
- understand the commitment required to participate in the 2019 LDI/executive preparation, which includes engaging with all components of the program such as professional learning conferences, mentoring activities and leading a project
- have discussed their application with their principal and have the endorsement of their principal to apply
- understand that eligibility for a grant is dependent on geographic location and school type.
- have identified a mentor from within their school – in consultation with their principal - and they have also submitted an EOI for LDI/executive preparation mentor.
Preparing the application
If you would like to begin preparing your application before the EOI opens, the following questions about your leadership capabilities and experience should serve as a guide.
- In what ways are you a highly effective, skilled classroom teacher? (maximum 300 words)
- Why do you believe you are ready to undertake the LDI/executive preparation program? In your answer please refer to your experience in guiding and advising your peers on effective teaching strategies to improve learning outcomes for students (maximum 300 words)
- Reflecting on your experience in guiding and advising your peers:
- what have you learned about leadership?
- what skills do you think you need to develop? (maximum 300 words)
- Feedback is among the most powerful influences on achievement (Hattie). Your LDI school-based project will focus on working collaboratively with your peers to improve your practice and influence their use of effective feedback (refer to the department’s Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation (CESE) document, What works best: Evidence–based practices to help improve NSW student performance). Please describe the challenges you expect to face (maximum 300 words).
Assessment of applications
Applications will be assessed by the selection panel in February 2019 and the successful applicants notified no later than Thursday 28 February 2019.