Beginner's guide to G Suite for education (blended)
G Suite for education is a suite of cloud based tools available to NSW Department of Education schools. These applications enable sharing and collaboration to support learning in your classroom.
|Registered hours||8 hours|
|Level of registration||Proficient|
|Prior knowledge||No prior knowledge required|
- 5 hour face-to-face workshop.
- Explore most common Google applications including: Docs, Sheets, Slides and Drive.
- Demonstrate examples of classroom applications, such as; collaborative writing, sharing of data, class presentations, cloud based storage and document submissions.
The follow-on component for this course is an opportunity for participants to take what they have learned during the workshop and apply it to their context.
- 3 hours of follow-on component work across 4 weeks.
- Design and deliver a lesson using one or more of the online Google applications.
- Share you lesson on an online communicate and interact with other teachers.
- Complete a personal reflection piece and an online course evaluation.
This course is also delivered online Beginner's guide to G Suite for education (online).
Completing 'Beginner’s guide to G Suite for education' will contribute 8 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.6.2, 3.4.2, 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.