Tips for choosing what to evaluate
Tips if you are choosing a project, program or initiative to evaluate within your school:
- strategic - choose something where the evaluation findings have implications for school leadership AND/OR implementing your 2018-2020 School plan
- mature - if your project is in its early stages of implementation, you might not be able to say much about outcomes
- contained - if it has too many different elements, it will be difficult to evaluate within the time frame
- focused - if its objectives are unclear or too general, the evaluation will be difficult to plan.
Before attending the workshop, ask yourself:
- what data do you think would be useful?
- does this data already exist?
- if not, how would you collect it?