Term 3 SDD professional learning options
The following professional learning resources are available to educators online. They may be particularly useful and relevant for Term 3 Staff Development Days (SDD), 2021.
Teaching and learning online
Monday 12 July and Tuesday 13 July 2021:
- Getting your class online with Microsoft Teams – 9:30 am-10 am
- Getting started with the virtual events toolkit – 10:15 am-10:45 am
- Getting your class online with Google Classroom – 11 am-11:30 am
- Discover Technology 4 Learning tools online – 12:00 pm-12:30 pm
- Discover STEM tools with the STEM.T4L team – 1 pm-1:30 pm
- Pop-up Q&A with the Technology 4 Learning Team – 2 pm-2:30 pm
- Getting started with Zoom in the classroom – 3 pm-3:30 pm
On demand resources
- A selection of useful professional learning for technology resources (including Microsoft Teams, Google Classroom, Zoom, accessibility, digital learning selector and more)
- Getting started with technology resource (including Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams)
- Ensuring continuity of learning and school operations during remote learning.
- Blended learning strategies K-2
- Blended learning strategies 3-6
- Blended learning strategies 7-10
- Blended learning strategies 11-12
- Boosting classroom practice and productivity with technology
- Strategies and equipment for teaching STEM
Curriculum and pedagogy professional learning
Literacy and numeracy
- 46 bite-sized professional learning resources available to support educators in teaching literacy and numeracy (accessed in MyPL).
- Literacy and numeracy guides for school leaders and teachers, which discuss evidence-based reading and numeracy instruction.
- Explore the quality teaching practices that support improved literacy and numeracy outcomes with What works best.
HSC professional learning
The following subjects have a number of online HSC professional learning 'bites' available through MyPL. Each 'bite' focuses on one question from the 2019 HSC examination. It includes a range of actual student responses and corresponding marker annotations.
- English Advanced
- English Standard
- Visual Arts
Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation (CESE)
CESE focuses on education research, data and evaluation.
- 20 online courses (available through MyPL) which involve reading or listening to a piece of research from CESE, completing a reflection task and a survey.
- Browse the CESE library to find research and evidence-based resources to inform policy and education practice.
- Access CESE’s video collection on evidence-based practice.
What works best
- Discover more about the What works best publication, exploring the eight themes that improve student learning.
- Guided journey of What works best: Reading K-6
- Guided journey of What works best: HSC minimum standard
- Guided journey of What works best: EAL/D
Disability, learning and support
Department policies and strategies
- Learn more about the Aboriginal education strategy policy and Aboriginal education in NSW public schools.
- Learn more about the Disability Strategy, which focuses on the department’s plan for supporting children and young people with disability, their families and the broader community.
- High Potential and Gifted Education canape courses are available through MyPL. Each 30 minute course unpacks one key concept or principle in the HPGE Policy.
- Explore the HPGE policy and accompanying research to learn more about supporting all students to achieve their educational potential.
- Browse the HPGE ‘Illustrations of practice’ library which is designed to support schools as they implement the High Potential and Gifted Education Policy in their context.