Students are engaged in authentic, relevant learning opportunities with options to personalise goals
How can I engage and motivate every student to learn?
- How can I use the student’s interests to increase engagement?
- Are there personal examples for students to connect with?
- How can I promote student independence and confidence?
- Do the resources provide opportunities to reflect student strengths?
- What resources and support can the student access in the home environment?
- Have I asked students how they learn best?
Resources and tips
- Review prior learning before beginning new or more complex learning to identify and build on what students already know, so that lessons can be adjusted or paced to students’ skills and knowledge (CESE: What Works Best)
- Provide options for receiving information – appropriate reading level, listening, viewing, pictorial
- Offer time for active reflection. Consider strategies and technology from the Digital Learning Selector, such as Exit Tickets or What did we learn today?
- Provide content relevant to students' cultural background.