How can I protect my favourite toy from the changes in weather?
- identify different types of weather and how the weather changes
- identify a place to play and how the weather affects its use
- design a solution to an authentic problem for their favourite toy: 'How can I protect my favourite toy from the changes in weather?'
- apply their knowledge of measurement and number within the design solution.
- Learning sequence – weather Early Stage 1 (DOCX 217KB)
- Student workbook – weather Early Stage 1 (DOCX 270KB)
- Parent advice – weather Early Stage 1 (DOCX 192KB)
- design a solution to an authentic problem: 'How can a most magnificent vehicle carry a thank you message to someone special?'
- identify and explore the effects of the characteristics of different objects including their materials and their movement
- investigate how push and pull forces create movement
- apply their knowledge of 2D shapes, measurement and position within their design solution
- identify someone special in their life to whom they would like to express gratitude
- demonstrate communication skills to express these feelings
- understand how Aboriginal nations expressed gratitude and respect.