Scootle – a national library of over 20,000 digital learning and teaching resources aligned to stages of learning and subjects. The collection features rich and multimodal learning resources developed to support learning outcomes and improve student engagement. You can also access Scootle through the staff portal. Look under ‘S’ in the My Websites section.
The following sections have links to external resource sites to support teachers and students who are teaching and learning remotely.
Resource search engines
You can find learning and teaching resources suitable for use with students in all subjects and learning stages using the department's resource discovery tools
The following links lead to external resources that support a wide variety of curriculum areas across a variety of key learning areas and stages.
- ABC Education (K-12) 4000+ videos, games and resources mapped to the curriculum.
- Australian Children's Television Foundation (K-12) films, books, apps and support material aligned to the Australian Curriculum.
- Australian Science STEM platform (K-10) a collection of resources and teacher tools all linked to the Australian National Curriculum to support the teaching of STEM
- BTN (3-8) explores news and current events using the language, music, and popular culture of youths.
- Code.org (K-6) online platform to learn computer science and coding
- Environmental and Zoo Education Centre network (EZEC) (K-6) resources available across subjects including science, geography and wellbeing designed by teachers from 25 centres across the state.
- Keep being creative! (K-10) developed by Adobe, provides activities for students and parents who are stuck at home due to COVID-19.
- Microsoft K-12 remote learning support centre (K-12) access advice and learn about Microsoft tools that can support students and teachers learning at home
- National Geographic for Kids (K-6) A collection of resources and activities across a number of key learning areas such as English, science, and geography.
- NSW National Parks Wilderquest (K-12) Online educational resource including units of work, virtual tours and activities to support teachers and students to learn about nature, science, and Aboriginal culture.
- Smartcopying (K-12) the official guide to copyright issues for Australian schools and TAFE.
- STANSW Tools for online learning padlet (K-12) - A collection of online resources and tools to support the teaching of Science.
- Taronga Zoo Education (K-12) digital programs and online resources about nature, science and much more.
- TedEd (K-12) short videos in the TEDTalk style, with support material designed for use in digital education by teachers. Most videos are from a US context, but the subjects are largely global.
- Wootube (7-12) Eddie Woo's Youtube Mathematics resources and virtual lessons.