The latest of our growing library of English resources.
Students can develop and demonstrate speaking, listening and interacting competencies through the suggested learning activities below. Most activities do not require materials. They provide opportunities for assessment with selected observable behaviours being identified.
These learning activities can function independently or as an element of a holistic program, supporting the understanding of the English textual concepts:
- connotation, imagery and symbol
The latest of our growing library of Science and technology resources.
Science and technology
Design and production investigations for the physical world strand:
- complement and blend with any existing unit of work in the physical world strand where teachers would like to embed a stronger design and production skill focus
- include formative assessment opportunities
- link to the Quality Teaching Model assessment elements.
Design and production investigation
The latest of our growing library of HSIE resources.
- Early Stage 1 – 'People live in places' assessment opportunities (DOCX 77KB)
- Stage 2 – 'Places are similar and different' assessment opportunities (DOCX 75KB)
The latest of our growing library of PDHPE resources.
We have created some sample units that you may adapt to meet student needs, interests and abilities. Explicit detail accompanies teaching and learning activities to support delivery. Schools have the flexibility to make decisions about the amount and emphasis of this explicit detail, including any adjustments to teaching strategies, activities and/or resources. These units align to the NSW PDHPE K-10 Syllabus and are designed to work with existing PDHPE sample scope and sequences Each unit incorporates advice from the NSW Education Standards Authority and includes the following elements:
- unit description
- syllabus outcomes
- stage or year
- range of relevant syllabus content
- integrated learning and teaching activities
- differentiation catering to the range of student abilities and interests
- opportunities to collect evidence of student achievement
- subject-specific requirements
- reflection and evaluation
- adjustments for students with a disability, where appropriate.