Collaborative partnerships to support transition to school during COVID 19
Transition to school webinar series
Transitioning from early childhood education and care services to primary school can be a scary prospect. Have you made local partnerships to support children to have a successful transition in their learning journey?
Watch this two-part webinar series to learn to adapt transition activities during COVID-19 and hear about successful transition partnerships between schools and ECEC services to help guide your processes.
Between session activity
Consider what you are doing now with these guiding questions.
Resources to support transition conversations
Further links and resources
- Find information about the Transition to school statement and other resources at Transition to School.
- Explore Transition to school during COVID-19 information for early childhood education and care services.
- Share transition to school during COVID-19 information for parents and families with parents and families.
- Communicate with families about activities, tips and resources to support transition.
- Evaluate your processes using the Transition assessment planning tool (DOCX 1MB)
- Tick off recommended actions on the Transition practices checklist (DOCX 1MB)
- Sequence school activities with the recommended Transition to school timeline (PDF 337KB)
- What does a strong start to school look like? (PDF 558KB)
- Access Strong start to school resources for orientation and transition practices during COVID-19
- See what other schools have done to support transition at school stories.
- Explore ways to support children’s transition to Outside School Hours Care (OSHC)
Professional learning to support transition activities
Learn to complete and use the Transition to school statement effectively to support the transition to school.
Early childhood educators and Early Stage 1 school staff.
Learn about the various methods which may be used to collaborate with family, community service’s and other agencies available within their school community to ensure equity and support effective transition to school.
Primary school principals, school leadership teams and early childhood teachers involved in transition.
Hear about transition to school research and best practice in a four-part conversation series.
School leadership teams and Early Stage 1 teachers involved in transition to school practices
Support the implementation of the updated ‘Strong and successful start to school: Transition guidelines’ and provide strategies that schools can implement to inform best outcomes and reflect on learning programs.
Early Stage 1 teachers and school leadership teams.
Learn to to interpret and engage with the AEDC early school preliminary snapshot and AEDC school profile from the 2021 AEDC data collection.
School leaders and teachers