Most students learning from home
Families are encouraged to keep their children at home wherever possible.
- How will I adapt my existing teaching and learning program/s?
- What actions do I need to take regarding planned incursions/excursions?
- How will I use the existing digital platform and tools for online learning?
- What provisions will I make for students without access to technology?
- How will I maintain regular contact with students and families?
- How will I monitor and assess student progress and achievement?
- How and when will I provide feedback to students?
- How will I modify my lesson structure/timetable to support online learning?
- Review the Term 3 guidelines.
- Use and adapt existing teaching and learning programs.
- Where required, provide alternative learning activities for those impacted by restrictions (for example, incursions, choirs, school performances, sport and physical activities). Use DART virtual excursions, virtual events toolkit and school activities.
- Provide learning materials to students according to their context (for example via existing digital platform, mailout).
- Establish clear protocols for students learning from home, including regular check-ins to clarify content and support wellbeing. Use the learning from infographics (learning environment checklist and remote learning guidelines).
- Make adjustments and adapt learning activities to support the learning needs of all students.
- Build in flexible options for students to demonstrate learning.
- Consider NESA’s COVID-19 school-based assessment advice for Year 11 and 12.
- Record evidence of student progress and achievement towards syllabus outcomes.
- Plan for regular provision of feedback to students (even if formal assessment tasks have not taken place).
- Modify the existing timetable or schedule to support student wellbeing and engagement with consideration of impact on families.
- Statewide staffrooms
- Learning from home
- COVID and Early Childhood Education and Care
- Contemporary learning and teaching from home – learning modes
- Contemporary learning and teaching from home – teaching strategies
- Contemporary learning and teaching from home – co-teaching
- Digital learning selector
- Using technology
- Simultaneous learning at home and school videos
- Learning sequences for teachers
- Learning packages for teachers and students
- Art Bites
- ABC educational programs and resources
- Planning and assessing remotely
- Supporting learning remotely for young students: age appropriate pedagogy
- Session 1 – Teaching and learning in the virtual space
- Session 2 – Quality assessment in the virtual space