Learning from both home and school
Some or many students unable to attend school.
- How will I adapt my existing teaching and learning program/s?
- What actions do I need to take regarding planned incursions/excursions?
- How will I ensure students have access to learning materials?
- How will I maintain regular contact with students and families?
- How will I monitor and assess student progress and achievement?
- How and when will I provide feedback to students?
- How will I modify my lesson structure to support students learning from home?
- Review the Term 3 guidelines.
- Use existing teaching and learning programs – where required, adapt for students learning from home.
- Where required, provide alternative learning activities for those impacted by restrictions (for example, incursions, choirs, school performances, sport and physical activities). Use DART virtual excursions, virtual events toolkit and school activities.
- Make adjustments and adapt learning activities to support the learning needs of all students.
- Include regular check-ins to clarify content and support wellbeing of students learning from home. Use the learning from infographics (learning environment checklist and remote learning guidelines).
- Provide learning materials to students (for example, digital platform, mailout).
- Build in flexible options for students to demonstrate learning.
- Consider NESA’s COVID-19 school-based assessment advice for Year 11 and 12.
- Plan for alternative provision of feedback to students learning from home (even if formal assessment tasks have not taken place).
- Implement strategies to support the wellbeing and engagement of all students.
- Statewide staffrooms
- Learning from home
- COVID and Early Childhood Education and Care
- Contemporary learning and teaching from home – learning modes
- Contemporary learning and teaching from home – teaching strategies
- Digital learning selector
- Using technology
- Simultaneous learning at home and school videos
- Learning sequences for teachers
- Learning packages for teachers and students
- Art Bites
- ABC educational programs and resources
- Planning and assessing remotely
- Supporting learning remotely for young students: age appropriate pedagogy
- Session 1 – Teaching and learning in the virtual space
- Session 2 – Quality assessment in the virtual space