Being able to communicate and understand the written and spoken word is an important building block to learning. These resources will help you support the development of your child's English skills.
Encourage writing at home
- Ask your child to keep a diary of special events such as a diary or blog.
- Have you child label photos or pictures with captions.
- Make notes, letters and stories regularly.
Explore more writing tips.
Look, say, cover, write, check
- Look carefully at the word.
- Say the word.
- Cover the word.
- Write the word from memory.
- Uncover and check the spelling against the correct word.
Explore more spelling tips.
Our English A to Z glossary has more than 350 definitions of commonly used English terms used in primary and high school.