The Disability Strategy committed to building the evidence on what supports students with disability to achieve consistently good outcomes.
We have invested in research to ensure our reforms are based on the best evidence available and informed by the voices of students, parents and carers, and school staff.
- a review of evidence-based practices that support students with disability
- hearing the voices of students, parents and staff in schools
- trialling more accessible ways to hear from students with high needs
- an assessment for complex learners trial on how to effectively assess outcomes for students with intellectual disability and other related disabilities.
- research into mental health and autism.
The findings are informing our approach to inclusive education and how we build a better education system for young people with disability.