Inclusive Practice in Education Scholarship
Applications for the Inclusive Practice in Education Scholarship are now open. Find out more and submit your application.
The Inclusive Practice in Education Scholarship supports teaching staff to undertake further studies in inclusive education. Applicants can seek to study a range of qualifications including:
- a masters in inclusive/special education
- a masters with specialisation in the area of deaf and hard of hearing or blind and low vision
- a graduate diploma in inclusive/special education.
Staff can submit an application or read answers to frequently asked questions about the scholarship at the Teach.NSW Inclusive Practice in Education Scholarships webpage.
"We are investing in you to improve your skills, improve your confidence and improve your capability in supporting children and young people with disability" - Department of Education Secretary Mark Scott
Benefits and how to apply
The Inclusive Practice in Education Scholarship is open to eligible permanent, temporary and casual teachers and school leaders working in any NSW public school setting.
The Inclusive Practice in Education Scholarship offers scholars:
- up to $23,000 towards their degree
- up to 8 days study leave per year spent studying
- opportunities to grow their network and learn from experienced alumni.
On successful completion of their degree:
- permanent teachers will have the option to remain in their current school
- temporary and casual teachers will be appointed to a permanent full time special education teaching position in a NSW public school.
The Disability Strategy commits the department to improving our system by strengthening support for and investing in teachers and other support staff. The Inclusive Practice in Education scholarship is an important element of this commitment.