The Stage 6 module guides for Year 11 and 12 biology are high-quality curriculum resources that highlight best practices for science teaching. They were developed in collaboration with experienced science teachers.
The module guides:
- contain contemporary ideas about teaching and learning science in high school
- emphasise scientific inquiry
- are structured around the Big Ideas of Science
- equip classroom teachers with pedagogical content knowledge for the biology course.
The following support materials may be adapted by teachers to meet the individual needs of their schools.
- Biology resource links (docx 72.98 KB)
- Evaluating scientific data Stage 4 to 6 (docx 253.85 KB)
- Evaluating scientific investigations abridged (docx 69.33 KB)
- Indigenous perspectives (docx 58.38 KB)
- Investigation planning sheet (docx 43.33 KB)
- Risk analysis table (docx 44.32 KB)
- Scientific thinking scaffold (docx 43.94 KB)
- Self assessment strategy met not met I noticed (docx 45.11 KB)
- Student reflection science investigations (docx 148.27 KB)
- Working scientifically skills checklist (docx 45.0 KB)
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) have support resources including sample units and assessment schedules for the Biology Stage 6 Syllabus (2017).
If you need further assistance with accessibility for any of these resources, please get in touch with us at SecondaryEducationUnit@det.nsw.edu.au