Earth and space
Resources relating to the Earth and space strand of the syllabus.
These resources were developed by teachers to assist with the implementation of the Science Years 7–10 and Stage 6 Earth and Environmental Science syllabuses.
Syllabus outcomes and content descriptors from Science (incorporating Science and Technology K-6) K-10 Syllabus © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2012.
The following websites could be used in your classroom:
- At home astronomy includes hands-on science experiments.
- Cool cosmos explores the world and universe as seen through infrared light.
- Earth science Australia includes images, case studies and information about geological topics.
- Oresome resources is an Australian website that provides resources on minerals and energy.
- Murray Darling Basin Authority contains resources and lesson plans for teaching the water cycle, disasters, water quality and more.
- The Mars lab (PDF 1.7MB) is a Year 9 project-based learning resource about the search for life on Mars and the technologies that enable it.