Emergency and evacuation
Preschools must have policies and procedures in place that set out instructions for what must be done in an emergency. Preschools must also have an emergency and evacuation floor plan. The procedures must be based on a risk assessment that identifies potential emergencies to the specific service.
- Regulation 168 (2)(e) of the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Regulation 97 of the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- The department's Emergency Management Procedures set out the responsibilities of staff. In accordance with procedures, all work places must develop emergency management plans
- Preschool handbook (PDF 7.17MB) – Wellbeing page 42
- A serious incident notification must be made to the early childhood education directorate within 24 hours when there has been an emergency at the preschool that posed a risk to the health, safety or wellbeing of the children. Contact the Early Learning Unit as soon as possible to be provided with the correct notification forms.