Consider the following questions when adapting or developing teaching and learning units.
- What key messages do you want students to take away?
- Why does this learning matter?
The following sample resource can be adapted by teachers to suit the individual needs of their students. Use these resources to plan and deliver PDHPE. They are suitable for the PDHPE K-10 syllabus (2018).
- build their understanding of drug use trends and challenge assumptions around drug use in young people
- build understanding of situations where drugs may be used and offered and challenge social norms and/or assumptions
- identify a range of emotions and link to the body’s response to challenging or unsafe situations
- reflect critically on their emotional responses in a range of challenging or unsafe situations
- identify and apply their strengths and skills to drug related situations
- propose and practise strategies and skills to reduce harm in different situations where alcohol and drugs may be offered or used by themselves or others.