Consider the following questions when adapting or developing teaching and learning units.
- What key messages do you want students to take away?
- Why does this learning matter?
The following sample resource can be adapted by teachers to suit the individual needs of their students. Use these resources to plan and deliver PDHPE. They are suitable for the PDHPE K-10 syllabus (2018).
- plan and implement strategies to improve the mental fitness of their school community in order to support their own and others’ wellbeing
- explore social norms associated with mental health and helpseeking behaviours and the influence of peers on attitudes to help seeking
- learn how to recognise when someone they know needs help and will have the opportunity to plan, rehearse and evaluate ways to start a conversation and encourage action to support the wellbeing of others.