How do I keep myself and others safe?
Early Stage 1
- identify safe places, situations and ways of communicating emotions related to personal safety
- identify rules, people and symbols that help keep them safe
- identify and practice ways of seeking help.
Early Stage 1 'How do I keep myself and others safe?' unit (DOCX 2.02MB)
- identify and evaluate safe places and situations involving people
- recognise personal warnings signs and physical responses of themselves and others
- apply help-seeking strategies to real-life situations
Stage 1 'How do I keep myself and others safe?' unit (DOCX 2.69MB)
- explore the decision-making process, its application and consequences to safety in real-life situations
- analyse their own and others’ physical and emotional responses in relation to the safety of specific situations
- evaluate, select and practise appropriate help-seeking strategies and support services
- recognise personal responsibilities about the safety of themselves and others through upstander behaviour and reporting
Stage 2 'How do I keep myself and others safe?' unit (DOCX 358.34KB)
- investigate how contextual factors and emotions impact their own and others safety in real-life situations
- evaluate and practise help-seeking strategies, the decision-making process and supportive behaviour that benefits themselves and others
- select and practise appropriate ways to resolve conflict and bullying both in-person and online.
- develop emergency action plans, personal safety plans and safety travel plans for independent travel
Stage 3 'How do I keep myself and others safe?' unit (DOCX 247.53KB)