K-6 mathematics news –Term 1 2019
In this issue
- EOI for Mathematics Stage 1 diagnostic tasks – project writers and professional learning opportunities
- Future focused learning (STEM) conference
- Rural and regional scholarships for the Future focused learning (STEM) conference
New K-6 mathematics professional learning courses available later in 2019
- Mathematics building blocks for numeracy (mbb4n) – revised online professional learning
- Effective primary mathematics practices – professional learning
- Mathematics Stage 1 diagnostic tasks – resource with professional learning
- 4 March 5:00pm – EOI Mathematics Stage 1 diagnostic tasks project writers. Featured in Schoolbiz Week 4 Term 1 - published Friday 15 February 2019.
To apply to be a writer, submit an online expression of interest addressing the selection criteria.
- 4 March – Rural and Regional Scholarships for the Future Focused Learning (STEM) conference. Department of Education employees can apply for one of up to 50 scholarships to attend the 2019 Regional NSW future focused learning conference. These scholarships include a two day conference package, networking event, two nights accommodation at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley and a travel contribution. (Value approximately $1,300).
- 29 - 30 April – Future focused learning conference (Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley) – This conference is to provide teachers with knowledge of the latest future focused pedagogies, curriculum and technologies that underpin the skills sets required for future focused employment. For more information, visit the STEM NSW website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NESA’s NSW Mathematics K-10 Syllabus and supporting documents can be found on the updated mathematics K- 10 page of the NESA website.
- The 2019 Calendar for cultural diversity is online. Learning and teaching resources are available to improve intercultural understanding and help planning for Lunar New Year, Harmony Day, NAIDOC and Refugee week.
The next issue will explore the revised Mathematics building blocks (mbb4n) online professional learning modules.
Connect with us
Discuss this newsletter or ask questions in our Primary curriculum collaborative space.
Ayesha Ali Khan
Mathematics Advisor K-6
02 9244 5459
Follow us on Twitter @DoE_mathematics