Languages Stage 6 PL – school-based assessment
The Languages and Culture team is offering Stage 6 school-based assessment in languages professional learning, NESA accredited for 2.5 hours.
This course will enable participants to:
- understand the requirements of school-based assessment in Stage 6 Beginners, Continuers and Extension language courses
- implement a range of assessment strategies in Stage 6 Beginners, Continuers and Extension language courses
- design an effective assessment task for Stage 6 Beginners, Continuers and Extension language courses.
There are 4 components that will need to be completed in order to receive the registered hours of professional learning:
- pre-task – identifying and demonstrating the mandatory weightings and components of assessment tasks, which will be emailed to you one week prior to the workshop
- participation in webinar/workshop – developing an understanding of the legislative and syllabus requirements
- post-task – designing an effective assessment task to be used with their Stage 6 language class(es) which will be assessed using the post-task marking criteria
- the post-event evaluation.
You may select to attend any of the following sessions:
- Thursday 17 October – 4:00-6:00pm - Sydney CBD
- Saturday 30 November – 2:00-4:00pm - Parramatta
- Tuesday 3 December – 3:30-5:30pm – Adobe session.
To enrol, browse for course code RG04979 and select the session you wish to attend.
The course is for NSW public school teachers only.
For further information, please email Evia Kyriacou or call on 9244 5573.